- Regardless of whether or not international retailers have a physical presence in China, cross-border ecommerce (CBEC) platforms are the most efficient means for them to reach Chinese shoppers.
- Rising disposable incomes and perceptions that overseas products are of higher quality have caused Chinese shoppers to seek imported goods.
- Even after factoring in a cross-border sales tax announced in April 2016, the after-tax prices of many products purchased through CBEC channels are still lower than the prices of those purchased through traditional channels.
- In order to succeed in the Chinese CBEC market, international retailers need to keep pace with changing consumer tastes, product categories and platforms.
- In this report, we examine the types and more popular CBEC platforms such as Tmall Global, JD Worldwide etc., and how they would best complement an international retailer’s China strategy.
Other research you may be interested in: