10 Trends for China E-Commerce 2019
We expect 2019 will be a dynamic year for e-commerce in China. Consumers have high expectations and competition is stiffening. Here are 10 trends we think will shape China’s e-commerce landscape in 2019:
- Demand for quality imported e-commerce goods will increase.
- Daigou, people buying on others’ behalf overseas, could decline.
- Non-tier-1 cities will drive e-commerce growth.
- Mobile e-commerce will continue to prevail.
- Short video apps will push content e-commerce.
- WeChat mini programs will become more popular as a cost-efficient tool for social commerce.
- New Retail will increase with greater online-offline integration.
- Parcel delivery will be faster. Brands need to adapt.
- Fresh-food e-commerce will gain traction.
- Alibaba and JD.com will compete more intensely in luxury e-commerce.