Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018 #49: Dollar General Announces Significant Expansion Plan for 2019
December 7, 2018
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, retailers have announced they will close 5,463 stores, while store openings stands at 3,060.
- Dollar General will open 975 stores in 2019.Shopko will close 39 stores.
- Abercrombie & Fitch will close 40 stores instead of the 60 previously announced.
- Christopher & Banks plans to shut 30-40 stores.
- Ikea will open a store in Manhattan.
- YTD in the UK, companies have announced they will close 1,401 stores, and that they will open 784 stores.
- Clas Ohlson will close all six of its UK stores.
- H&M will close its Cheap Monday banner.
- Crabtree & Evelyn has opened a new store in London.
- House of Fraser’s Manchester flagship will stay open
You need to login to view this content. Please Login. Not a Member? Join Us
To gain full access, and learn more about Coresight Membership Tiers, please click here.