10 Retail Trends for 2019: Get Ready for Retail Reinvention
We expect 2019 will not be the year of retail apocalypse or even decline. Instead, it will be a year of reinvention — for the retail sector as a whole and for physical stores in particular.
Here are our 10 trends for 2019:
- Cities will see more spectacular retail from a new generation of flagship stores.
- “Fast Retail” will be marked by shorter leases, more shared spaces and more short-term stores.
- Western retailers will borrow from “New Retail” with data-driven online-to-offline ventures.
- Technology will continue to strip friction from brick-and-mortar retail.
- Artificial Intelligence will become retailers’ go-to technology.
- Startup partnerships will fuel new product development, digital improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Supply chains will become more responsive, and switch from lines to loops.
- More consumers will seek out environmentally and socially engaged brands.
- Shoppers will increasingly expect “Smart Retail” interactions.
- Consumers will look for more inclusive offerings, impacting the apparel and luxury markets.
2019: Prepare for a Year of Retail Reinvention Get ready for better stores and better retailing. We expect 2019 to be a
To gain full access, and learn more about Coresight Membership Tiers, please click here.