Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 5: Things Remembered on Verge of Bankruptcy, Williams-Sonoma May Close 80 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 1,678 store closures and 1,399 store openings.
- Williams-Sonoma has closed two stores in Reston Town Center in Virginia.
- Things Remembered is preparing for bankruptcy filing.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 221 store closures and 305 store openings.
- Missguided is closing its store in Westfield Stratford City.