Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 4: House of Fraser’s Intu Stores Set to Stay Open
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 1,674 store closures and 1,380 store openings.
- Il Bisonte is opening its first store in the U.S.
- David’s Bridal is emerging from bankruptcy.
- Head Sport is set to buy most of Advanced Sports Enterprises’ assets.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 219 store closures and 305 store openings.
- House of Fraser will keep its Intu stores open.
- Iceland is opening three new U.K. stores.
- John Lewis is closing its Knight & Lee store in Southsea.
- Columbia will open a flagship European store in the U.K.