Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 4: House of Fraser’s Intu Stores Set to Stay Open
Coresight Research tracks store openings and closures for a selected group of retailers in the U.S. and the U.K., as well as major U.S. store bankruptcies.
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 1,674 store closures and 1,380 store openings.
- Il Bisonte is opening its first store in the U.S.
- David’s Bridal is emerging from bankruptcy.
- Head Sport is set to buy most of Advanced Sports Enterprises’ assets.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 219 store closures and 305 store openings.
- House of Fraser will keep its Intu stores open.
- Iceland is opening three new U.K. stores.
- John Lewis is closing its Knight & Lee store in Southsea.
- Columbia will open a flagship European store in the U.K.