Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 40: Aldi to Open 130 Stores in the UK Over the Next Two Years
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,612 and the number of store openings is 2,639.
- Walmart has acquired women’s plus-size retailer Eloquii for an undisclosed sum.
- Kroger will test online order pickup at 13 Walgreens stores.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,261 store closure announcements and 766 store opening announcements.
- Aldi plans to open 130 stores over the next two years and 1,200 stores by 2025.