Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018 #40: Aldi to Open 130 Stores in the UK Over the Next Two Years
Coresight Research tracks store openings and closures for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK, as well as major US store bankruptcies.
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,612 and the number of store openings is 2,639.
- Walmart has acquired women’s plus-size retailer Eloquii for an undisclosed sum.
- Kroger will test online order pickup at 13 Walgreens stores.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,261 store closure announcements and 766 store opening announcements.
- Aldi plans to open 130 stores over the next two years and 1,200 stores by 2025.