Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 39: Poundland to Open 20 Stores in Former Poundworld Locations
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,612 and the number of store openings is 2,639.
- Michael Kors is acquiring Versace for $2.12 billion.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,256 store closure announcements and 757 store opening announcements.
- Poundland is opening 20 new stores in former Poundworld locations.
- French Connection is closing eight stores.