Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 28: Fabletics Plans 75 New Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,204 and the number of store openings is 2,153.
- The Fresh Market announced it will close 15 stores.
- Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close about 40 stores and open 20 new stores.
- Fabletics will open around 75 new stores across the US and overseas.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 999 store closure announcements and 632 store opening announcements.
- Poundworld will close 25 stores in the UK by July 15.
- Mothercare plans to shut 10 more stores.