Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 2: Walmart to Close 63 Sam’s Club Stores; RadioShack Exits Bankruptcy
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 2,781 and the number of store openings is 1,278.
- Walmart is closing 63 Sam’s Club stores.
- RadioShack exits bankruptcy and will keep up to 28 stores.
- Lands’ End plans to open another four to six stores this year.
- Neiman Marcus CEO Karen Katz steps down.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 48 store closure announcements and 335 store opening announcements.