Introduction to Retail Tech
Coresight Research recently launched coverage of the Coresight RetailTech 20: A selection of 20 of the most important global companies providing technology tailored for retail. These companies offer the key technologies for retailers, service providers and consumers. But retail technology is huge: The category includes so many areas of business from design and production all the way down the supply chain to end consumer. To make it easier to understand this massive category, we broke down the companies in this space into six categories:
- AI/Analytics: Companies that provide hardware and software tools including Adobe, IBM and Nvidia.
- Cloud: Providers of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon, Huawei, Microsoft, Oracle and Tencent.
- Connectivity: Companies that provide wireline and wireless connectivity solutions to retailers, data centers and consumers such as Cisco and Huawei.
- E-Commerce: Companies that offer tools for e-commerce, such as Alphabet and Pitney-Bowes.
- In-Store Technology: Companies that offer products and tools to enable commerce and collect data on consumers and products, such as Avery Dennison, Diebold-Nixdorf, Johnson Controls, NCR and Intel.
- Software: Providers of enterprise software platforms, tools and cybersecurity solutions such as Infor, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, SAS and Tencent.
In this report, we provide an overview of the key players, the latest trends in retail tech applications and spend – and what it all means for retail.