Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 9: Charlotte Olympia Files for Bankruptcy, Closing All Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 2,050 and the number of store openings is 1,548.
- CharlotteOlympia filed for bankruptcy, shuttering its four retail stores in the US.
- Best Buy closes all of its 250 small-format mobile-phone stores in the US as part of a strategy of continuous optimization.
- Vitamin Shoppe plans to close approximately 10 stores and open two stores.
- 99 Cents Only names Jack Sinclair as its new CEO.
- Nordstrom reportedly nears go-private offer by the Nordstrom family.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 76 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.