Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 7: Land of Nod Closes All of Its Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 1,790 and the number of store openings is 1,510.
- Land of Nod will close all six of its stores. Its merchandise will be sold on its website or at Crate & Barrel stores.
- JCPenney will close its Milwaukee distribution center and customer care center, and plans to shutter eight stores.
- Mattress Firm could be closing significantly more than the 200 stores announced in December, according to analysts at Wedbush.
- Nieman Marcus CEO Karen Katz retires and Geoffroy van Raemdonck will fill the role.
- David’s Bridal debt was downgraded further to junk territory over potential default, which could entail store closures.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 76 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.