Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 20: Rockport Group Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 3,889 and the number of store openings is 1,789.
- Footwear maker The Rockport Group has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Sears is exploring the sale of its Kenmore brand, as well as its Home Improvement Products, Home Services and Parts Direct businesses, to ESL Investments, a hedge fund led by Sears CEO Eddie Lampert.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 416 store closure announcements and 524 store opening announcements.
- Mothercare announced a plan to close 50 stores.