Reviewing 2018 U.S. and U.K. Store Closures
In this report, we review 2018 store closures in the U.S. and the U.K., by sector.
- In the U.S., major retailers closed 5,524 stores and opened 3,083 stores during 2018.
- By sector, apparel specialist stores led the pack with 766 closures; Payless ShoeSource contributed 408 of these closures.
- Toys “R” Us was the retailer that closed the most stores in the U.S. in 2018.
- In the U.K., major retailers closed 1,432 stores and opened 755 in 2018.
- General merchandise retailers closed the most stores in the U.K., with Poundworld closing more stores than any other.
U.S. Store Closures: Apparel Specialist Stores Lead Closures In the U.S., we saw 5,524 store closures by major retailers in 2018. This
To gain full access, and learn more about Coresight Membership Tiers, please click here.