Global Male Grooming Market
In this report, we review the global market for male grooming products. We also look at consumer survey data to analyze US shoppers’ habits and shopping preferences.
- Worldwide, sales of male grooming products are seeing solid, but unspectacular, growth. The global market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 5% between 2018 and 2023, according to Euromonitor International.
- The steady growth in the male grooming category is driven by various factors, such as change in gender stereotypes and increasing awareness, aggressive marketing campaigns, technological advancement and rise in disposable income, among others.
- In the US, price and brand trust are major purchase drivers for male shoppers buying personal care and hygiene products. Men are more likely than women to prefer natural and organic skincare products.
- Men in the US research personal care and hygiene products online, although most of them would still prefer to buy in-store. According to Prosper Insights & Analytics data, Walmart is the destination most-preferred by US men for shopping personal care and hygiene products.
- While most global beauty brands have already established male-specific grooming brands or sub-brands, several successful startups catering to male consumers have emerged in recent years, which have identified the unique and unmet grooming needs of men.