Amazon Apparel UK: An Analysis of Almost 2 Million Product Listings
In collaboration with competitive intelligence provider DataWeave, we aggregated and analyzed data on almost 2 million women’s and men’s clothing products listed on Amazon.co.uk.
- We identified 1.9 million women’s and men’s clothing products listed on Amazon.co.uk — we feel confident calling this the UK’s biggest selection of apparel.
- The scale of Amazon’s fashion offering has been supported by cheap, generic-style brands shipped from overseas sellers — mainly in China. These brands are the most-listed brands on Amazon Fashion.
- Amazon also has a large number of brands that list just a few products. Once we strip out the 10 most-listed obscure brands, the average brand on Amazon Fashion lists 366 products.
- Amazon’s UK site remains predominantly a marketplace for third-party sellers, despite Amazon’s efforts to build its reputation as an apparel retailer, including by developing private labels.
- The most-listed famous brands on Amazon Fashion are Adidas, Under Armour, Nike and Puma — reflecting the strength of sportswear on the site.
- Amazon UK’s flagship apparel private label is called Find, and we found 1,475 products under the brand, split 70% in womenswear, 30% in menswear.