Weekly US and UK Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 13: Tommy Hilfiger Shuts Fifth Avenue Flagship Store; In the UK, Flannels to Open 60 stores by 2021
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date, US retailers have announced 5,480 store closures and 2,458 store openings. This compares to 5,727 closures and 3,239 openings for the full year 2018.
- Hibbett Sports has announced plans to close 95 stores and open 10-15 Hibbett and City Gear stores in its fiscal 2020.
- Tommy Hilfiger has shut its global flagship store at 681 Fifth Avenue in New York City.
- General retailer Ollie’s Bargain Outlet has announced plans to open 42-44 stores in the US in 2019. The retailer has opened 9 stores thus far in 2019.
- Year to date, UK retailers have announced 310 store closures and 347 store openings.
- Luxury fashion chain Flannels will open 60 new stores in the next three years in the UK.