Weekly US and UK Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 12: Shopko to Liquidate; In the UK, Office Outlet Enters Administration
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date, US retailers have announced 5,399 store closures and 2,396 store openings. This compares to 5,726 closures and 3,243 openings for all of 2018.
- The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards (in Manhattan) opened March 15 with 720,000 leasable square feet anchored by a three-floor Neiman Marcus.
- Ikea will open its first US city-center small-format store in Manhattan in April.
- Shoes of Prey has ceased operations worldwide.
- Year to date, UK retailers have announced 310 store closures and 327 store openings.
- Stationery chain Office Outlet is now in administration; its 90 stores will continue to operate.