Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 9: Southeastern Grocers Set to Close 22 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, US retailers have announced 4,309 store closures and 1,586 store openings.
- Gap, L Brands and JCPenney announced further closures as we went to press.
- Southeastern Grocers will close 22 stores.
- E.L.F. Beauty will shut down all its 22 stores over an unspecified period.
- Hudson’s Bay Company plans to shut 20 Saks Off 5th stores over an unspecified period.
- Year to date in 2019, UK retailers have announced 285 store closures and 327 store openings.
- HMV has reopened nine stores.
- Brooks Brothers has opened its third UK store