Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 8: Payless Files for Bankruptcy, Set to Close 2,100 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 4,287 store closures and 1,586 store openings.
- Payless has filed for bankruptcy and will close 2,100 stores.
- Hobby Lobby plans to open 65 stores.
- Wayfair has opened its first brick-and-mortar store.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 285 store closures and 317 store openings.
- Morphe will open a flagship store in Liverpool.
- Claire’s has shut its Exeter store.