Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 8: Payless Files for Bankruptcy, Set to Close 2,100 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store openings and closures for a select group of retailers in the U.S. and the U.K., as well as major U.S. store bankruptcies.
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 4,287 store closures and 1,586 store openings.
- Payless has filed for bankruptcy and will close 2,100 stores.
- Hobby Lobby plans to open 65 stores.
- Wayfair has opened its first brick-and-mortar store.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 285 store closures and 317 store openings.
- Morphe will open a flagship store in Liverpool.
- Claire’s has shut its Exeter store.
Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 4,287 store closures and 1,586 store openings.
Login to view the full report, or register below for a free membership to access research.