Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 7: Payless May Shut Most of its Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 2,187 store closures and 1,503 store openings.
- Payless is likely to shutter most or all of its stores.
- Ikea has opened a new store in Live Oak, Texas.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 284 store closures and 315 store openings.
- Superfi has shut all six of its stores.
- Ikea has opened a new store in Greenwich.