Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 6: Shopko Set to Close 251 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 2,187 store closures and 1,411 store openings.
- Shopko will shutter 251 stores.
- Michaels will close all 36 Pat Catan stores
- Charlotte Russe will shut 94 stores.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 278 store closures and 313 store openings.
- Brighthouse is set to close 30 stores.
- HMV will close 27 stores.
- Oliver Bonas plans is to open eight new stores.
- Debenhams may shutter 20 stores.