Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 11: Charlotte Russe Closing 500 Stores; Burlington Plans 50 New Stores; AEO to Open 60-75 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date, US retailers have announced 5,279 store closures and 2,395 store openings. This compares to 5,726 closures and 3,243 openings for the full year 2018.
- Charlotte Russe will shut its entire store network of at least 500 stores.
- American Eagle Outfitters will open 60-75 Aerie stores.
- Stage Stores will shutter 40-60 Stores and convert 70-80 Stores to the Gordmans banner.
- Burlington will open 50 stores.
- Z Gallerie has filed for bankruptcy and will shut 17 stores.
- Tesla reverses its decision to shut all its stores.
- Year to date, UK retailers have announced 310 store closures and 327 store openings.
- LK Bennett has entered administration and has closed five stores.