Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 10: Dollar Tree Plans 550 New Stores; Foot Locker Closing 165 Stores; Peloton to Open 100 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date, US retailers have announced 4,810 store closures and 2,264 store openings.
- Dollar Tree Inc. plans to open a total of 550 stores: 350 under the Dollar Tree banner and 200 under the Family Dollar banner.
- Victoria’s Secret will close 50 US stores.
- Foot Locker will close 165 stores and open 80 new stores globally.
- Peloton will open 100 new stores.
- JCPenney plans to shutter 27 stores.
- Gap will shut 230 stores globally over a two-year period.
- Year to date, UK retailers have announced 305 store closures and 327 store openings.
- Paperchase will shutter at least five stores.
- Debenhams reaffirms plans to close 50 stores.