Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, #3: Gymboree to Close 800 Stores, Chico’s Set to Close 250 Stores Over Three Years
Coresight Research tracks store openings and closures for a selected group of retailers in the U.S. and the U.K., as well as major U.S. store bankruptcies.
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 1,725 store closures and 1,379 store openings.
- Children’s apparel retailer Gymboree filed for Chapter 11 protection, plans to close 800 stores.
- Chico’s will close 250 stores over a three-year period.
- Shopko has filed for bankruptcy and will close 38 additional stores.
- Indochino plans to open 20 stores in North America.
- Macy’s will shutter eight stores.
- J. Crew will shut at least five stores.
- Kohl’s will close four stores and open four small format stores.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 220 store closures and 253 store openings.
- Marks & Spencer has given details on its next round of store closures.
- Debenhams may close 40 additional stores, on top of the 50 potential closures announced in October.
You need to login to view this content. Please Login. Not a Member? Join Us
Login to view the full report, or register below for a free membership to access research.