Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2019, Week 2: Lidl and Wegmans to Open Three Stores While JCPenney Plans to Close Three Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2019, U.S. retailers have announced 1,170 store closures and 1,176 store openings.
- Lidl will open three stores in Atlanta.
- Wegmans will open stores in three new markets.
- JCPenney will close three stores.
- Year to date in 2019, U.K. retailers have announced 225 store closures and 252 store openings.
- Hardy Amies has collapsed into administration.