Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 51: Laura Ashley Set to Close 40 UK Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year to date in 2018, US retailers have announced 5,436 store openings.
- Saks Fifth Avenue announced that it will close its womenswear store in downtown Manhattan.
- Year to date in the UK, companies have announced 1,395 store closures and 785 store openings.
- Laura Ashley will shut 40 stores in teh UK.
- Levi’s plans to open its first UK womenswear store.