Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 5: Bon-Ton to Close Five More Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 1,773 and the number of store openings is 1,510.
- Bon-Ton might close a further two more stores and sell another three.
- Nine West is reportedly close to finalizing a deal that would include a bankruptcy filing with asset sales.
- Revlon President and CEO Fabian Garcia is stepping down.
- Mattress Firm announced that CEO Ken Murphy will step down and Executive Chairman Steve Stagner will take on the additional CEO responsibilities.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 76 store closure announcements and 455 store opening announcements.