Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 47: Advanced Sports Enterprises to Shut 40 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 5,468 and the number of store openings is 3,060.
- Advanced Sports Enterprises will shut 40 stores.
- David’s Bridal has filed for bankruptcy.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,394 store closure announcements and 783 store opening announcements.
- B&Q will reportedly sell six stores.