Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 45: Destination Maternity to Close 117 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 5,468 and the number of store openings is 3,
- Lowe’s has announced plans to shut 20 US stores.
- Destination Maternity will shut 117 stores.
- Amazon has opened two 4-Star stores.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,320 store closure announcements and 777 store opening announcements.
- New Look plans to close 85 stores.
- Homebase is to shut 17 stores in the next six months.