Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 38: L Brands to Close All 23 Henri Bendel Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,612 and the number of store openings is 2,743.
- L Brands is closing all 23 of its Henri Bendel stores.
- Staples is acquiring Essendant for $996 million.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,232 store closure announcements and 737 store opening announcements.
- Tesco opened the first store in its new discount chain Jack’s this week, and it announced plans to open 10–15 such stores in the next six months.