Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 37: Tesco to Launch a New Discount Format
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date (YTD) 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,589 and the number of store openings is 2,742.
- Five Below plans to open 50 new stores.
- YTD in the UK, there have been 1,230 store closure announcements and 715 store opening announcements.
- Tesco will launch a new discount chain on September 19.
- Ralph Lauren is to open three new Polo stores in the UK.