Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 35: Sears Holdings Plans to Close 46 More Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,579 and the number of store openings is 2,380.
- Sears Holdings announced that it plans to close 46 more stores in November 2018.
- Lidl opened its 54th store in the US. It plans to open three more by September 2018.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 1,195 store closure announcements and 711 store opening announcements.
- Iceland Foods has agreed to acquire 19 former Poundworld stores.