Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 34: Lowe’s to Close Orchard Supply Stores; House of Fraser London Flagship to Remain Open
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,478 and the number of store openings is 2,372.
- Lowe’s plans to permanently close all 99 Orchard Supply Hardware stores by the end of year.
- Best Buy is acquiring GreatCall Inc. for $800 million.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 1,195 store closure announcements and 692 store opening announcements.
- House of Fraser’s London flagship store will remain open, reversing a previous plan to close the store.