Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 32: National Stores and Brookstone the Latest Casualties
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,379 and the number of store openings is 2,239.
- National Stores has filed for bankruptcy and will close 74 stores.
- Mattress Firm is considering store closures and bankruptcy.
- Brookstone has filed for bankruptcy and will close 101 stores.
- Gump’s has filed for bankruptcy.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 1,215 store closure announcements and 639 store opening announcements.
- Homebase will reportedly close around 60 stores.
- Urban Outfitters will open two stores in November.
- JD Sports is opening a store in Leeds and Netherfield.
- Hobbs is seeking 15 new stores.