Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 3: Kiko USA and A’gaci File for Bankruptcy; Greggs to Open Net 110–130 Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 1,582 and the number of store openings is 1,278.
- Beauty retailer Kiko USA files for bankruptcy.
- Women’s fashion retailer A’gaci files for bankruptcy.
- Bon-Ton enters into forbearance agreements.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 48 store closure announcements and 455 store opening announcements.
- Greggs plans to open net 110–130 stores this year.