Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 27: Macy’s Plans 55 New Bluemercury Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,146 and the number of store openings is 2,042.
- Sears announced it will close another 10 stores.
- Macy’s will open about 55 new Bluemercury stores through to 2019.
- Abercrombie & Fitch will open two college-campus-area stores in August.
- Aki-Home plans to open hundreds of stores in the US.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 956 store closure announcements and 625 store opening announcements.
- French childrenswear brand Jacadi plans to close its five UK stores by the end of August.
- Homebase has shut 17 stores since February.