Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 26: O Bag to Open 100 Stores in the US
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,136 and the number of store openings is 1,985.
- O Bag, the Italian retailer, plans to open 100 stores in the US this year.
- PacSun has named a new President to oversee the brand’s design, merchandising, marketing, retail and e-commerce functions.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 934 store closure announcements and 625 store opening announcements.
- The Original Factory Shop has launched a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) proposal to shut 32 stores in the UK in 2018.
- Waitrose will close five stores.