Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 25: Safeway to Close Two Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,136 and the number of store openings is 1,885.
- Safeway plans to close two stores by the end of July..
- Google announced it will invest $550 million in JD.com to explore retail opportunities in Southeast Asia, the US and Europe.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 895 store closure announcements and 622 store opening announcements.
- Habitat will open two new standalone stores in the UK.