Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 24: Five More Sears Closures as Lands’ End Plans to Exit Dozens of Sears Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,134 and the number of store openings is 1,885.
- Sears announced it will close another five stores.
- Lands’ End plans to exit around 74 Sears department stores this year. Lands’ End will open a further 3–4 standalone stores during the rest of the year.
- Kroger will close all of its 14 stores in the Raleigh-Durham, NC, market.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 895 store closure announcements and 620 store opening announcements.
- Poundworld, a 335-store UK chain, entered administration this week.
- N Brown has announced plans to close 20 stores.