Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 23: Hudson’s Bay Co. to Close 10 Lord & Taylor Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,123 and the number of store openings is 1,884.
- Shoe Carnival announced it would close up to 25 stores in 2018.
- Hudson’s Bay Co. plans to close 10 Lord & Taylor stores by the end of 2019.
- Walmart announced it would divest 80% of its Brazil operations.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 850 store closure announcements and 616 store opening announcements.
- House of Fraser has confirmed plans for a Company Voluntary Arrangement that would see it close 31 of its 59 UK stores by early 2019.