Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 22: Claire’s to Close 40 More Stores, Sears Announces Further Closures
Coresight Research tracks store openings and closures for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK, as well as major US store bankruptcies.
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 4,095 and the number of store openings is 1,884.
- Claire’s says it will close an additional 40 stores while in bankruptcy.
- Five Below announced it will open 125 new stores this year.
- Sears announced a further 63 closures. Its CEO has reportedly received inquiries about sales of the retailer’s assets.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 631 store closure announcements and 616 store opening announcements.
- Dixon Carphone has announced plans to close 92 stores amid a decline in contract sales.
- Poundworld plans to close 117 stores by August.
- B&M plans to open a further 45 new stores during the year.
- Hema is looking to have 75 locations in the UK.