Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 17: Old Navy to Open 60 Stores, Bon-Ton Begins Liquidation
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 3,689 and the number of store openings is 1,759.
- Old Navy plans to open 60 stores this year.
- Bon-Ton has confirmed its liquidation plans to close all 260 stores.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 347 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.
- In the UK, East will cease trading on May 4, and will be closing all 34 of its stores.