Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 15: Nine West Declares Bankruptcy; Adidas Plans to Close Stores
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 3,335 and the number of store openings is 1,699.
- Nine West has declared bankruptcy and vacated 71 of its 72 stores.
- Adidas plans to close down stores in the coming years as it focuses on online retailing.
- Bon-Ton has reportedly received a bid from two US mall owners to save the department store chain.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 221 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.