Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 14: Island Pacific to Close Six Stores; Toys“R”Us Shuts Down Its E-Commerce Operations
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 3,264 and the number of store openings is 1,699.
- Island Pacific is closing six stores in California.
- Toys“R”Us has shut down its e-commerce operations.
- Walmart is reportedly considering acquiring online pharmacy startup PillPack.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 221 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.