Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 13: All 94 Aaron Brothers Stores to Close; Jet.com Gets New President
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 3,258 and the number of store openings is 1,699.
- The Michaels Companies plan to shut down all 94 Aaron Brothers stores.
- Walmart has named grocery veteran Simon Belsham as the new President of Jet.com.
- Brookfield Property Partners and GGP will merge in a $9.25 billion deal.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 221 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.