Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 11: Abercrombie & Fitch to Close 60 Stores, Ross Stores to Add 100
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 2,220 and the number of store openings is 1,699.
- Abercrombie & Fitch plans to close 60 more stores and open 11 in 2018.
- Ross Stores plans to add approximately 100 new stores during the year.
- Toys“R”Us prepares to liquidate its business, closing all 800 of its stores in the US.
- Casey’s General Stores appoints H. Lynn Horak as its new Chairman of the Board.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 216 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.
- New Look announced plans to close 60 stores in the UK, along with a further six sites that are sublet to third parties.
- French Connection plans to close six stores in 2018, reducing its store portfolio to around 30 by the end of the new financial year.
- Toys“R”Us announced plans to wind down all 100 stores in the UK over the next six weeks.