Weekly Store Openings and Closures Tracker 2018, Week 10: Foot Locker to Close 110 Stores, Open 40 this Year
Coresight Research tracks store closures, openings and bankruptcies for a select group of retailers in the US and the UK. Our Weekly Store Tracker focuses on department stores and specialty retail stores, including, but not limited to, those selling softlines, hardlines, consumer electronics, groceries and furniture.
Click here to view our full collection of Weekly US and UK Store Trackers.
Highlights from this week’s Store Tracker:
- Year-to-date 2018, the number of US store closure announcements stands at 2,160 and the number of store openings is 1,588.
- Foot Locker to close 100 stores and open 40 during 2018.
- Albertsons Companies appoints Jim Donald as President and COO.
- VF Corporation names Velia Carboni as its first Chief Digital Officer.
- Year to date in the UK, there have been 76 store closure announcements and 491 store opening announcements.