Silver Consumers in Europe, 2019
In this report, we examine the size and growth of the senior population in Europe, and analyze key population and spending data in the UK.
- In western Europe and southern Europe, one-fifth of the population was 65 or above in 2018.
- Countries in northern Europe and eastern Europe have younger populations compared to their western and southern counterparts.
- The 65+ population in the UK stood at 12 million in 2018 and will reach 15 million by 2030.
- In 2018, UK seniors spent just 74% of the average UK consumer household spend.
- Silver consumers in the UK devote more of their spending to shopping than other age groups.